Well, the sickies are gone...however the butterflies are still lingering. My poor Sam is experiencing extreme separation anxiety. I go food shopping, he freaks out. I go to the mailbox, he thinks someone is going to pick me up and take me away. He has never been this way and it hurts my heart. Ever since Brad and I left for a week, without them, Sam has not been the same. He hasn't really ate. His stomach always hurts. He doesn't smile. He doesn't want to leave the house. He is a mess.
Today was the worst of it. Everyone who knows Sam well, knows that he LOVES school. He always requests to go. If I don't take him he mopes around the house. Today was a complete opposite story. He kicked and screamed all the way to school....he almost threw up. It was horrible. He is worried that I am going to leave him again. I keep reassuring him I am NOT leaving again. It is over. He is worried SICK....literally.
Today was the worst of it. Everyone who knows Sam well, knows that he LOVES school. He always requests to go. If I don't take him he mopes around the house. Today was a complete opposite story. He kicked and screamed all the way to school....he almost threw up. It was horrible. He is worried that I am going to leave him again. I keep reassuring him I am NOT leaving again. It is over. He is worried SICK....literally.
We go everywhere with our children. We really never leave them and we feel lucky to be able to include them in our everyday activities. We've learned that this is what works for our family. Enough said. Now I am dealing with his miserable mess and Brad abd I are at an end. It is so draining day in and day out to deal with a mess of a child. His lack of energy, his lack of appetite, his unwillingness to get off the couch, his lack of willingness to survive. I just want him to drink water without having to force it down his throat. I feel so bad for him....it hurts. I want SAM back. The fun little guy who always has a smile on his face :). Now my mommy duty has doubled and it is not an easy job. It's not easy, but it's a part of parenting....I do thank all my awesome friends for their support. You gals rock!!!
So, here we go again, round 35, talking and talking about things over and over and over. I swear he is like a watch dog. Always with one eye shut and one ear open. If I move, he growls. My poor Sam...please please come back. I promise I have NO intentions to leave you again!!! I love you little guy. You are breaking my heart. You NEED to eat. He is getting so skinny.
2 comments:
We love you guys and we know Sam will overcome. Keep your head on tight and smile...that's what you always tell me Erin! We'll keep ringing your bell with hopes he'll play :):):)
this too shall pass.
E, this reminds me A LOT of Ana's reaction to leaving Atlanta. Everything you're explaining is EXACTLY what she did for months and months on end.... could he be trying to process the leaving of Florida in the midst of this all too??????????? Just a thought!
Post a Comment