Our pool finally opened up!!! And thankfully the weather last week was hot and humid and Sam and I decided to take a peek at what the pool had to offer us. So, after nap time we headed down to Pirates Cove Pool in Port. It was great! Sam screamed in the parking lot, "WOW" "WOW" "GO MOMMY" running in FULL FORCE to the pool. The pool was packed wall to wall with kids and parents everywhere. I had to hold Sam all the way into the park because he wanted to head straight for the pool with his shoes and socks on, and his towel wrapped around his neck.
I learned a lot about my son that day. Especially his determination to get what HE wants and WHEN he wants it. I also learned that Sam has 0% fear of water. I had to dunk him 4 times because I need him to understand that deep water is dangerous. My thought was...if I dunk him, the water may intimidate him....WRONG....it just made him go deeper and deeper. NO FEAR NOTHING. So what I've concluded, being almost 9 months pregnant, chasing a toddler around a pool and not being able to move all that fast, is not going to work. So, we will wait until Daddy can go with us so I can not feel so pressured.
I guess I may have to be that mom who has her son in a life vest and flotation devices when ever getting near water. Hey, he will probably like it. I think swimming lessons are in the near near future.
Sorry, I was unable to take pictures of this event, however, I think it was best that I didn't.
2 comments:
reminds me of little Ana...FEARLESS around water. We just purchased our first vest. She HATES it, but too bad. We also have a boat that she loves and is contained it, so that's good!
Oh yes the joy of water!! Just be darn happy that you do not have a pool in your back yard!! Kids are way too smart. They seem to think that they can do anything. Swimming lessons are good however they do not do anything about the size of your child. Stay quick mommy. By the way little Miss Paige wants to go swimming with Samy.
Post a Comment